ToysLogic Forum Index Toyslogic
Latest Anime Figures, Model Kit, Plush and More

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Official "HAS THIS BEEN BOOTLEG'D?" Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
October

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch, apparently there's 2 bootleg version for this.
Seller send me big photos, the bootleg looks even better than the original lol... and it's cast off~~~
agr964

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you find a MF Kureha these days under $100, it's either an incredible deal, or (most likely) a bootleg.

だんごちゃん
lovelyduckie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I paid $110 for mine last spring, completely worth it though. She is one of only a few figures I've spent over $100 on.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have any Azones been bootlegged?

Dolls are probably more difficult to imitate but I figure I should ask if I want to hunt a Saber.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No bootleg azones but watch out for fanmade dollfies (not dollfie dreams but smaller customizable volks dolls) it can be confusing if you don't search the correct terms. By the way you are looking at least $300 or so for her even on Yahoo Japan last I checked anyway.

Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/pullip_junk/
lovelyduckie

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hina Ichigo wrote:
No bootleg azones but watch out for fanmade dollfies (not dollfie dreams but smaller customizable volks dolls) it can be confusing if you don't search the correct terms. By the way you are looking at least $300 or so for her even on Yahoo Japan last I checked anyway.

Then the Saber doll I saw was definitely something I'm not sure of then. I saw a small Saber doll at approximately $100...and that just didn't feel like the right price...even though I had just bought Emma at $100. Must have been something different and potentially unofficial.

That's good to know about Azones though, I'll bid with confidence on Azones then. Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tsuki Board seems to indicate that Yoruichi has not been bootlegged, but just in case I thought I'd ask here as well. I want to make sure I'm not missing any subtle signs of a bootleg when I translate pages on Yahoo Japan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't heard anything about her being bootlegged. I was able to get a legit one off of eBay back when I first started collecting in 07. I know the Matsumoto was heavily bootlegged, but I don't think Yoruichi was.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caramello wrote:
I haven't heard anything about her being bootlegged. I was able to get a legit one off of eBay back when I first started collecting in 07. I know the Matsumoto was heavily bootlegged, but I don't think Yoruichi was.

I shouldn't be so skeptical since Tsuki-Board said no, but she is selling for less then what I was expecting and it caught me off guard. She seems to sell at her retail price. Guess I'll bid Smile she is one of the better Bleach figures imo. Love Yourichi!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lovelyduckie wrote:
Caramello wrote:

I shouldn't be so skeptical since Tsuki-Board said no, but she is selling for less then what I was expecting and it caught me off guard. She seems to sell at her retail price. Guess I'll bid Smile she is one of the better Bleach figures imo. Love Yourichi!

Lucky you. I paid a bit for mine, but I was just starting out then and really wanted one. I hope you get it. She's a great figure and Yoruichi rules. She's my second favorite female character.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caramello wrote:
Lucky you. I paid a bit for mine, but I was just starting out then and really wanted one. I hope you get it. She's a great figure and Yoruichi rules. She's my second favorite female character.

Megahouse really made Matsumoto and Yourichi look good...too bad Orihime just looks awkward to me...I keep seeing her for sale for under $30 and I just don't even want her at that price.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lovelyduckie wrote:
Caramello wrote:

Megahouse really made Matsumoto and Yourichi look good...too bad Orihime just looks awkward to me...I keep seeing her for sale for under $30 and I just don't even want her at that price.

They did. I'd get an Orihime just to add to my Bleach collection, but I don't like her enough to get a figure of her. Plus, I don't care for how the figure turned out.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the Lucky Star Figure Meister collections have been bootlegged. Check out ebay, but I did, unknowingly, buy one of the bootlegs a dealers had at AnimeNext.

http://www.toyslogic.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=5931

What sucks is that it was Kagami I bought (my fav. character) and for $10. Kagami is the only figure from the set I really want, and I don' feel like paying $80 for a box just to get one figure. I didn't fully realize it was a bootleg until I got home and checked out the official pix on TL. I was in a rush, going to get food and running back to my booth...so the dealer I picked it up from was right by the concession stand...so I just bought it and left.

I thought it looked funny when I looked at it in the plastic bag, but I didn't really think of anything because I know the quality of trading figures, sometimes, can be hit or miss.

Ugh...$10 wasted. This is now the 2nd time I've bought a bootleg (the first one was the original MF Haruhi). And, both times at a con.

If I knew who the dealer qA...the next time I see them, I would tell con staff that they are selling bootlegs. But, unfortunately, the dealer room map at the AnimeNext website does not match 100% who was where during the con.
ettendu
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lovelyduckie wrote:
Tsuki Board seems to indicate that Yoruichi has not been bootlegged, but just in case I thought I'd ask here as well. I want to make sure I'm not missing any subtle signs of a bootleg when I translate pages on Yahoo Japan

I don't know of any bootleg for her.
georox

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has the Echidna (Ekidona?) Queen's Blade figure been bootlegged yet?

I finally found one, and pretty cheaply, at a booth at the San Diego ComicCon. (Not sure what booth.. I didn't pay attention) and last I knew $50 is kind of low on it, and they had a decent amount.

Booth had a decent amount of Queen's Blade stuff, then some random stuff. Nothing jumped out as the standard bootlegs I see, but it still made me paranoid.

Anyone know?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ToysLogic Forum Index -> Garage Kits All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: